Thursday, August 19, 2010

alright!!
i did that authoring course years ago and really enjoyed it
found time to write a rudimentry e-learning course which never went anywhere and then changed jobs and lost any momentum i had
it occurs to me that momentum is REALLY important in this....before using a blended learning approach becomes a habit you've got to make yourself do it
after the LeTTOL course me and geoff went on, i stopped, became wrapped up in other things and now feel de-skilled........it's upto me to become "skilled" again, but i wonder whether that skill is as much about familiarity and, as i said, habit, rather than simply knowledge
thoughts??
bob

3 comments:

  1. O-K so for the dunces in the group i,e.me what is LeTToL
    I agree with your comments that all these skills we pick up really are use rthem or lose them.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeTToL
    Learning to Teach on-Line
    (don't you love these twisted acronyms?)
    An on-line course from Sheffield College

    As for skills accquisition and loss.
    Here's some academic stuff.
    On a personal note.
    I thought I'd learn how to weld.
    Repetition proved useless because my welding machine was rubbish (it was a gift!).
    This is a useful metaphor for all this on-line stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B****r!
    accquisition=acquisition
    (only one 'c')
    I was going to say 'a reminder to compose in word and spell check'.
    But why should I?
    I'm used to good browsers that do it for me.

    ReplyDelete

If you've got anything to say about the above use this comments box. Anyone is allowed to post comments. It might take time for them to appear.